• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Warrior II Starting Procedure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramy740

Reaction score
I'm embarrased to say this, but, I've always had a hard time starting my 1982 Warrior II. In fact, I rarely get it started on the first or second crank. It usually takes 7 or 8 tries even if the plane is warmed up. I guess I just don't know exactly what to do. Here's my sequence. I usually prime it 3x, then I turn the fuel pump on, give it throttle 3x and leave it 1/4" from idle, then I crank. It cranks but doesn't turn over. It's noteworthy to mention that I have a hard time starting any airplane. I could start a 50 year old truck that hasn't run for years using the choke, but not a plane. What am I doing wrong guys???

Latest posts

Back