• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Warrior II, O-320-D3G Value Impact of Engine Total Time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

Owner/Pilot
Reaction score
My O-320-D3G is running well at 2000 SMO and TT of 9550 hours in a 1984 PA-28-161 airframe with 6225 TTSN, that could use paint, with a decent Airtex interior and serviceable, but outdated, Bendix King Silver Crown KX155 panel. I'm getting close to the point of needing to sell my Warrior to make room for the new plane I'm building. Is the engine a boat anchor at this point in its life? Without an overhaul, it's hard for me to imagine much if any value can be placed on the engine, for a buyer. What are the chances the engine is sutitable for major (but economical) overhaul? If I got that done, would the aircraft value add be worth it, or would I be likely end up with less in my pocket than just letting the plane go for whatever I can get -- as it is now?

Latest posts

Back