• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wanted: stabilator trim

Perk

Reaction score
Well, I just damaged my right side trim tab pushing my new to me Pa 28-180,back into the hanger. Anyone know where I can buy one? Part # 63585-01. Or a new skin? Part # 63586-01. Or have mine repaired? Its not terrible.
812 842 0204

msires

N8825W
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Ray93J

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should know, you are not the first one to do that. A big caution, the impact of the stab with the hangar put a tremendous load on the stab attach fittings. Have your mechanic inspect this area very carefully. The bolts that fasten the fittings to the airframe are only AN3’s and are easily damaged with this type of incident.

Don’t ask why I am familiar with all of this...........