• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wanted..Saratoga or Lance!!!

104roger

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 95 n back Saratoga non turbo in any condition my only stipulation is that it have a decent or low total time. Interior paint avionics n engine time don't bother me just looking for a good airframe or more.. I'd also be interested in a straight tail lance. If u have one n looking to sale or know of someone pass my information along.. Roger 8283207617.. thanks

Unit74

Reaction score
Call Bartelt Aviation. Bought my cherry Lance from them last April. They will hunt you down what your looking for.

mshafer

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 95 n back Saratoga non turbo in any condition my only stipulation is that it have a decent or low total time. Interior paint avionics n engine time don't bother me just looking for a good airframe or more.. I'd also be interested in a straight tail lance. If u have one n looking to sale or know of someone pass my information along.. Roger 8283207617.. thanks
Don't fear the Turbo... Climb @ 1000FPM all the way to the mid teens.

Ditto on Bartelt.. John Bartelt found me my ride, exactly what I was looking for and helped me through the rebuilding process with advice. Good people.

104roger

Reaction score
I have contacted bartelt aviation n waiting on them to give me a call.. I'd like to by pass the brokers fee if I could purchase from a individual.. I had thought about a early 80s Saratoga turbo but I hate to lose my useful load.. I have the need to carry quite a few ppl.. what's ure useful?

arkvet

Reaction score
My Toga normally aspirated. 1980. Fixed gear. 1400 useful FWIW.

104roger

Reaction score
This is why I like saratoga that plane actually becomes a 6 place plane..1400 is awesome!!.. the archer I fly now is 993.. she jus isn't fast enough!!..

arkvet

Reaction score
This is why I like saratoga that plane actually becomes a 6 place plane..1400 is awesome!!.. the archer I fly now is 993.. she jus isn't fast enough!!..

Always depends on size of people. I'm 175 and my wife is really petite (125ish?). Our 3 kids are ages 6, 8, 11. We'd need full fuel and several sand bags to get to gross with the 5 of us.

I've had six adults in it several times. Just usually can't put 102 gallons of fuel.

I generally burn 14-15gph so 60 gallons gives me 4 hours of fuel (including reserves of course). 60 gallons gives me 1040 payload. Not shabby. An engine monitor is almost essential to be able to accurately do a W&B.

Unit74

Reaction score
Why are you looking at PA32s if you want more speed? I cruise 140 kts. 10kts faster than my Archer. So I get the a few min sooner and use twice as much fuel to do it.

Ge a Bo if you want speed.

arkvet

Reaction score
I cruise 145 knots with my gear down. 65% power / 14gph.

I agree about speed. The Toga is somewhat slow considering there is 300hp up there. It's a trade off though. Cabin is enormous.

On a 300 mile cross country I get there 15 minutes after the bonanza and my plane was half the cost to buy and half the cost to maintain. That's not a knock on Bo's. Fantastic airplanes. My friend owns one and it's great. Just out of my league... and it's 15 minutes.