• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wanted Power Tow/Tug

CB17

Reaction score
I have a 1981 PA32-301 Saratoga fixed gear and I am looking for a power tow like an EZ-40 or comparable. If you have one or have an idea for another option I would like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Chad

arkvet

Reaction score
CB, I have the same plane. I can pull it out of the hangar no problem (down hill). I have a $200 remote control ATV winch setup (total cost) that works beautifully at precisely pulling it back into the hangar.

Having wheel pants decreases the options. I have a good friend in the hangar next door with a lawn mower that I can use anytime I want. I still prefer the winch for simplicity and precision. Pretty much zero chance at hangar rash with the winch.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two thumbs up on the EZ tow (gas).

It works fine with a Bonanza even uphill so it will have no trouble with a PA-32. It will move a Baron. I use it on my Dakota too.

If you have wheel pants, ensure that you get the anti spreader bar, besides the extension kit and the Piper adapters. They will tell you that you don't need the anti spreader bar, they are wrong. With it it works great.

2k to 2.5k, depending on options. Highly recommended.

* Orest

Unit74

Reaction score
There are a few on Beechalk for sale right now. One is in Atlanta I know of.

Ranchoa

Jeff
Reaction score
I have a 1981 PA32-301 Saratoga fixed gear and I am looking for a power tow like an EZ-40 or comparable. If you have one or have an idea for another option I would like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Chad
I have a Power Tow for sale. It is currently set up for a Cessna 182 however Power Tow sells a Piper adapter. What part of the world are you in?

CB17

Reaction score
I am stationed by Scott AFB in Belleville, IL near St Louis. I have the pants off the front wheel because the man I bought it from had taken it off to move the plane easier. I would like to put it back on but figured I would wait a minute until I figured out my tug situation.

CB17

Reaction score
I found a 5hp newer model EZ 40 power tow and picked it up in Sioux Falls. I will need the piper adapter and probably extension arms. I will try it later today with the pants off and see how it works. Will post a pic when I snap one.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a modification to the anti-spread bar which enormously increased its effectivity. The arms lock on absolutely solidly onto the ribbon, and I can freely muscle the gear back and forth.

I took a bit out of the bar, to allow it to fit right at the attachment point. That enormously increased the leverage.

This is an earlier picture, before I was finished the full mod on the bar, but it shows the place that the bar slips onto.

* Orest