• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wanted: Piper Cabin door

N677ap

Reaction score
I have a PA28-181. I'm looking for a cabin door. The following doors will fit.

PA28-151, PA28-161, PA28-181, PA28-201, PA44-180.
Also, Piper Arrow IV.

Thanks,

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I've already seen these. Ebay door is not the same. The salvage yards dont have it. Been on all the salvage yard sites.

How about Barnstormers classifieds?

Place a free "wanted" ad there.

Several years ago I was looking for something. Put a "wanted" ad on Barnstormers, and no kidding, I got a call within a few days, and did real respectable business with someone on exactly what I needed at a fair price.

Someone has what you need. They just don't have it posted for sale, nor do they know you need what they have. So give it a shot. It's free.

Good luck to you.

N677ap

Reaction score
How about Barnstormers classifieds?

Place a free "wanted" ad there.

Several years ago I was looking for something. Put a "wanted" ad on Barnstormers, and no kidding, I got a call within a few days, and did real respectable business with someone on exactly what I needed at a fair price.

Someone has what you need. They just don't have it posted for sale, nor do they know you need what they have. So give it a shot. It's free.

Good luck to you.
Already have that covered. ;)

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Tweety

Reaction score
Have you called the folks at Dawson? I have been there and not everything they have is on their website. They have a big boneyard of Piper and Cessna salvage aircraft. Give them a call and ask for "Tim".

N677ap

Reaction score
Automated search is a good idea. Will set that up. Thanks.
Already contacted the major salvage yards. Either they don't have or the ones they have are patched. I don't want a patched door.
Already contacted the yard that is for sale. They want 4 times the price that other doors are fetching. That's my last resort, but I'll sooner sit than pay that.

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
May I ask why you need a door? If you'd rather not say, just ignore this post.