• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wanted-PA28 insulated engine cover

av8ator1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have an insulated cover your not using?
looking for one, to fit an Archer.
send me a note

Baron62

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a $25 sleeping bag from job lot for in the hanger when heating the engine and at times when I go somewhere for the day. It does a great job of holding the heat in for 3-4 hours. A bungee cord can be used to hold it down when windy, but usually just tucking it in the front of the cowling holds it in place. In addition I have a non-insulated Bruce cover (not for sale) that covers up to the spinner for when I go somewhere overnight.

av8ator1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need something I can trust for parking overnight

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have an insulated cover your not using?
looking for one, to fit an Archer.
send me a note
I have one I’d part with. You have an Archer II? My brother has an Archer II, mine is for my Arrow II, but they may be the same. Let me test fit it on his and I’ll get back to you. I’ll take a couple pix too.

Dave

av8ator1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am fairly certain it’s the same fit
who makes it? How old?

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll get you the details next time I’m at the hangar, should be within the next couple days.
Dave