• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wanted: new style Rams Horn yoke and shaft for Cherokee

killrocks

Reaction score
I found one yoke and shaft at a reasonable cost, now looking for one more. Need the late style Rams horn yoke on 1 1/8" shaft. As long as it is structurally sound, appearance does not matter, I'll clean up and refinish as needed.

Thanks in advance!!!!

killrocks

Reaction score
Yeah I did that lol. I made an offer on one @ $150 and it was accepted by the seller. One down, one to go. I made an offer on one that was $224 and they countered at $220. Moving on.......I think $300 for a pair of these is the ballpark of what most of our forum members report paying. I don't blame the seller for not being flexible, there are a lot of bow tie yokes out there that will need to be changed at some point so there is a captive market. Mine just aren't one of them so I'm not backed into a corner lol.

JohnPhillips

Reaction score
I'd like a reasonably priced pair as well.

I'm betting there were a few Cherokees totaled in Texas and PR that will eventually be parted out. I'm hoping some start showing up in the marketplace.

killrocks

Reaction score
I've got one that is kind of rough looking with the coating in bad shape, negotiated down to $175 shipped. Seems a little steep to me........I paid $150 shipped for the first one and it's in NICE shape.

JimC

Reaction score
Wow, I paid either $75 apiece for mine, or $62.50, I forget which.
Sounds like I lucked out.

killrocks

Reaction score
Wow, I paid either $75 apiece for mine, or $62.50, I forget which.
Sounds like I lucked out.

How long ago was that? ;-)

Jim would you mind please shooting me an IM with info on the parts you used to install the white strobe in the rudder co-located with the nav light, and the strobe and power supply you used to put your red strobe in the top of the VS? I want to run it by my IA and see if we can do the same at annual this year. Thanks......

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sanjiv, send them out to look like........

IMG_1131.JPG

Latest posts