• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wanted: GNS-530W data cards

mona

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would like a working second set of data cards... let me know if you have ones for sale!

Ray93J

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over a year ago, I was given this contact info for Garmin Data cards. I have not tried to contact him, here is the info. Report back what you find.

Don Ivener
[email protected]
239-272-5300

mona

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the contact! Unfortunately, he did not have data cards.

mona

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are not using Jeppesen - I got verbal advice from Garmin that Jeppesen-sourced cards would work, but I am not confident that this is the case.

Forkauto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one Waas card from when I still had a 430 installed. Ill let it go for $100.00 shipped CONUS

mona

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal. You don’t happen to have a terrain card as well?

Right now, I can’t remember the color of the cards I’m using (will recheck this weekend), but I’m pretty sure we need the newer ones that are larger capacity because our system was installed in 2017 and would have been brought up to date then. Ref:
https://www.garmin.com/en-US/aviati...55-new-garmin-gns-navdata-card-compatibility/

Can you describe the color of your WAAS nav card?

Thanks!
Mona

Forkauto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The WAAS cards are white and the non WAAS were green. I have the white on. I do not have a Terain card as that was rarely updated and didnt feel the need to have one when it was updated so rarely

ajs

Reaction score
The newer GNS firmware accepts both the orange and silver waas data cards. I have one of each and swap on each update. I transport the unused card in a small ESD (antistatic) bag just to be safe. You do need the newer programmer for the new orange cards. I have the new garmin programmer and works with both cards fine.

mona

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know.