• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wanted: Bulkhead Hat Rack P-28 140

chrisisflying

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own a 1966 Cherokee 140/160. The wall is right behind the backseats. I want to install the Hat Rack to give me a little bit more baggage space. If you have one of those hat racks for sale, please contact me.

Tweety

Reaction score
Have you checked the salvage sites: Dawson, Texas Air Salvage, Wentworth, etc.?

chrisisflying

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texas Air Salvage: Yes. The other two: No

Texas Air Salvage has one or two but they're in rough shape and the door is missing.

arzenmaster

Cherokee owner since 1983
Reaction score
Why not buy a new aftermarket. Somewhere I had found a source about 4 years ago for new ones, before I rehabed my old hat rack. I'll try to look at old book marks to see if I can find who had them.
IMG_20171216_212956629_BURST001.jpg
IMG_20180103_205211690.jpg

Last edited:

chrisisflying

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting a new one would be ideal but I can't find them new online anywhere. If you still have the website, please share. One other thing that came up in the meantime is shipping. Apparently they're pretty bulky. Texas Aircraft Salvage said it'll cost over $1,000 to ship to Canada. Wonder if there is a cheaper way especially since I don't need it in a hurry.

chrisisflying

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Seems like Vantage Plane Plastics is still around. Maybe they changed URL. I'll shoot them a message.

propjoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend had one in his hangar he was going to refurb and now sold the plane...
I'll be out there today and I'll ask if he still has it.
We're based at RFD. Shipping may get pricey depending where you are?

chrisisflying

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, shipping is a bit of a pain right now. TAS is quoting $1,000 for shipping, nearly double the price of the part itself lol. RFD is a 8 hour flight from where I am but across the border obviously. Might be more economical to fly in and have someone install it for me right at RFD. Let me know if he still has it. Maybe we can figure something out. Thanks!

propjoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its pretty rough. Needs work. Simple glass work though.
Do You have Fastenal or access to one in the States? I could strap it to a pallet...
They only ship from store to store location wise, but rates are very reasonable.

Latest posts