• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wanted: 52D67 Attitude Indicator

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Looking for a used 52D67 (5000E-9) autopilot attitude indicator. Not looking for just a core, rather, hoping to find something removed in working order.

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just pulled my AI (with autopilot out) from my Dakota. Pulled, as it was replaced with a Sandel Quattro.

Plan is to put it up for sale here. It was in perfect working order, has a 2004 date stamp. Mitchell part number 52D66. Also has Mid-Continent stickers on it. I can post some pics.

* Orest

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
The 52D66 is not the AI that is fully compatible with my Altimatic IIIc. It may command some of the functions, but not all. Not exactly sure what the difference is right off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone will know. But thank you.

EDIT: Actually, I found that information. The 66 only outputs roll information to the autopilot. The 67 outputs pitch & roll.

Last edited: