• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Vintage Red Interior

N32123

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I’m replacing my original red interior on a ‘75 PA28-151. One Piper enthusiast referred to it as “whore-house red”...

Some rug scraps, lots of wall panel vinyl, the seat cover fabric & vinyl. Most of it is still in good shape and servicable.

If you’re trying to limp along your red interior with repairs or do a restore with the vintage flair in mind, these might work.

EchoDelta

Reaction score
You can order a fabric sampler from Airtex that includes many color choices. I suspect they could match the fabric facing, vinyl trim look from the 1970s if that's what you really want.

N32123

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I already have my new interior. I went with Shelby at TNWings. He was faster, cheaper and more flexable than Airtex.

The red interior is my old interior, in case anyone trying to limp along their vintage interior needs it.

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
LOL.. I have the same 'whore house red' interior in our '69 Arrow... let's just say she's seen a lot of use and the GF say's its got to go...

sk

Rocketman90251

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of putting a new interior in my 74 PA28-151. Has same red interior. I've got the old interior out but haven't installed the new interior yet because I can't decide on colors and style. Do you have any photos you can post? I'd really like to see some photos of nicely done PA28's with new leather.

RichU

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m replacing my original red interior on a ‘75 PA28-151. One Piper enthusiast referred to it as “whore-house red”...

Some rug scraps, lots of wall panel vinyl, the seat cover fabric & vinyl. Most of it is still in good shape and servicable.

If you’re trying to limp along your red interior with repairs or do a restore with the vintage flair in mind, these might work.
How much? I need a left rear side panel, 1974 PA28-151.

N32123

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Call Shelby at (731) 658-7422. I sent all my panels to TNwings to use as blanks for my new ones. He’d prob just have you pay for shipping