• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Vent won’t stay closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The vent above the arm rest beside the left front seat in my 1965 Cherokee 140 won’t stay closed. I turn the knob and it closes the vent, but in about 30 seconds of flying it is back open again. Needless to say, having that vent open in winter is very uncomfortable! Duct tape temporarily solved the problem while I was on a long cross country, but I would like to have a better fix. Has anyone had a similar issue? If so, how did you fix it?

I will take the side panel off soon to take a look, but I am hoping to get insights about what to look for.

Latest posts

Back