• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Used Rapco vacuum pump for sale

Ajett54

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Removed from my Arrow II in July 2020 during avionics upgrade
Rapco 215CC
I’ll also include the backup vacuum system.
I can provide photos and additional information to interested members. I know it’s not worth much so I’ll sell it real cheap. Someone make me an offer...
Alan Jett

Last edited:

Markspiper

Reaction score
Removed from my Arrow II in July 2020 during avionics upgrade
Rapco 215CC
I’ll also include the backup vacuum system.
I can provide photos and additional information to interested members. I know it’s not worth much so I’ll sell it real cheap. Someone make me an offer...
Alan Jett
Hi, my pump just quit on my last flight so I might be interested.. what is the back up vac system.. ?

Ajett54

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s made by Precice Flight. It is a valve that can be operated from the cockpit that changes the vacuum source from the vacuum pump to the engine manifold. There is also a warning light that will come on if the suction falls below a certain value. Here is a link to some information.

Last edited:

SNKDTR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got that same system in my plane and it works pretty well

Ajett54

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I tested it, it worked fine. I recently installed the Aspen E5 and TruTrak so I removed the vacuum system.

Geoffrey Block

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same, and agree it works well as a backup. there should be a a data grid (mine is glued to left front cabin wall) that gives you the amount of vacuum provided by the backup system based on the manifold pressure, as it will vary with mp. helpful to know how much mp you need in the clouds trying to decend and use the vacuum drive gauges in a accurate way.

arzenmaster

Cherokee owner since 1983
Reaction score
I had a precise flight in my Cherokee for about 25 years, and used it in IMC on one occasion. Worked great to get down out of the overcast without any pucker factor.

Ajett54

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d like to find a home for the old vacuum pump and backup system. Someone please make me an offer.
Alan

arzenmaster

Cherokee owner since 1983
Reaction score
It might help to let people know how many hours are on the pump? A 20 hour pump vs a 500 hr pump can make a huge difference on a dry pump.

Ajett54

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s probably around 800 and was ready for replacement. I just thought someone might want it for an emergency spare.