• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Upper Door Latch Assembly

N2478C

Reaction score
I am looking for a Piper Tomahawk Upper Door Latch Assembly, Piper part number 77515-02 or at least the plastic crank assembly Piper Park number 77517-02. Seems to be a common occurrence for the plastic to sheer off.

Thanks
Richard
[email protected]

N2478C

Reaction score
Thanks, that might the only site I didn't check.

N2478C

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. ALL the door latches for sale had the same problem, the plastic piece sticking through the cockpit roof were sheared off. Obviously a design flaw all these years ago. Either I'm lucky or know the right people, I had one manufactured for me out of block aluminum replacing the entire plastic assembly. Was only slightly more expensive than trying to repair the cracked plastic.

The obviously thing at stood out was the door hinge pins wear and the door doesn't seat against the cockpit at the correct angle and forcing the latch closed shatters the plastic piece. Other than that I'm falling in love with my new tomahawk daily.

Latest posts