• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Upgrades to a Comanche 260

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder669

Reaction score
I have been following the thread on the guy upgrading his archer and didn't want to hijack his thread. I haven't posted in awhile but have been trolling. Spent this summer just getting to know my plane better and build a little bit of complex and high performance time and still being amazed how fast I can go places. Also did a few small and safety upgrades, new wingtips and shoulder harnesses. Now I am ready to get serious about my instrument rating and also hope to free up enough cash to upgrade my plane in the coming months. Right now it still has the original shotgun panel so that is the first upgrade, converting to a standard 6-pack. It still has dual VOR and ADF for IFR but that is it, no DME or GPS. I know the VORs work, haven't tried the ADF but figure it and the LORAN will both get yanked when I put in a GPS. After a few trips of having to stay in the bumps below low clouds to stay VFR the wife is fully on board with making our bird a safe and capable IFR machine. I like the idea of the bigger screen on the 530w but have the newest with the 650 also seems good. If everything goes right I plan to have $10k-$15k to work with for GPS, CDI, Install everything. So what do you guys think will give me best bang for buck? I have looked at some of the deals Wentworth runs on some of their used equipment and think that could be a strong possibility, but again I defer to you gentlemen with more knowledge and experience

Latest posts

Back