• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Unable to find replacement Squat Switch for PA46-350P

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 1989 Piper Mirage. The pressurization dump squat switch is possible failing but I cannot find a proper replacement. The correct switch would be 87545-006 (Use: H11-1622) (M/N: 81648) Piper PA46-350P Eaton Squat Switch

The one available is 87545-006 (Use: H11-1622) (M/N: 81640) Piper PA46-350P Eaton Squat Switch.

Note the difference in M/N number....it must reflect the difference in the number of plug pins. The M/N 81648 has 16 pins and 12 in use, which is what my plane has. The M/N 81640 is what they are offering as the proper replacement but it only has 9 pins and 6 in use. This is not compatible. And without a full wiring diagram to determine if the wires can be moved to the old plug we are not able to replace the switch.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back