• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

uAvionix (Aerovonics) AV-30 Certified - $1,995

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeev

Avidyne, L3, PS Engineering TruTrak & JPI Dealer
Reaction score
uAvioinix informed me that approval is expected early 2020 (Caution FAA timelines) and they are taking pre orders for the AV-30.

I have already ordered one for my aircraft and a few for local customers and I am really excited to install and sell these! The AV-30 embodies my mission to bring new affordable tech to our legacy aircraft that improve safety and reliability.

I am not taking any payments until we have FAA approval and are ready to ship. If you would like to pre order please go to my website via the link below and select "preorder" during check out to submit the order with out payment.

I have links to video's and manuals on this site as well : https://wolfaviationsales.com/shop?olsPage=products/uavionix-av-30-certified-pre-order

Sanjeev
Wolf Aviation
[email protected]
702-430-2255

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 167
  • 0619_BOTH_AeroVonics-AV-20_AV-30-Large-DG-for-web.jpg
    0619_BOTH_AeroVonics-AV-20_AV-30-Large-DG-for-web.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 185
I'm excited for it to be released. It should be a pretty popular upgrade for many.

Last edited:
Didnt see this on the website but are they usable as primary including under IFR?

This unit sparked a lively discussion on this thread:
https://www.piperforum.com/threads/new-innovation-for-avionics-finally.18302/

I'm not sure I can wait for it to drive my autopilot. The website says S-tek support in 2020. So that means what for Century? 2021? Not sure I can wait that long...

I might use it as a back-up unit.

I do however see it as a gamechanger that will force Garmin and Aspen to improve product or decrease prices.

This unit sparked a lively discussion on this thread:
https://www.piperforum.com/threads/new-innovation-for-avionics-finally.18302/

I'm not sure I can wait for it to drive my autopilot. The website says S-tek support in 2020. So that means what for Century? 2021? Not sure I can wait that long...

I might use it as a back-up unit.

I do however see it as a gamechanger that will force Garmin and Aspen to improve product or decrease prices.
The other concern is that I'm not sure there are any plans for the HSI mode to support VOR/LOC/GS guidance (just RNAV). Not a big deal for most, but probably still worth noting, especially for people who still regularly fly ILS approaches.

The other concern is that I'm not sure there are any plans for the HSI mode to support VOR/LOC/GS guidance (just RNAV). Not a big deal for most, but probably still worth noting, especially for people who still regularly fly ILS approaches.
Wait.. you actually fly the ILS and not the overlay? :cool:

Would be nice, but I am not sure there will be much future interest in the legacy ILS/VOR capabilities... little reason for them to include the legacy options...

We once thought we would purchase these options with our Aspen install, but a short year later, not any more... We will be losing our VOR and ILS here sooner than later. Actually hoping they keep the NDB as a backup if GPS ever porks, intentionally or not.. At least AM radio stations are still broadcasting.

… I kno… but I am at least half serious here.. :(

Never good depending on one nav system... only...

Cap

Would be nice, but I am not sure there will be much future interest in the legacy ILS/VOR capabilities... little reason for them to include the legacy options...
VFR, no, but IFR, we still need a backup to RNAV (approach-level availability is excellent, but still not 100%, and wide-area blackouts still happen). Not supporting VOR/LOC/GS in the AV-30 means that purchasers still need to keep an extra CDI in their panel—legally and safety-wise—while G5 or (I assume) Aspen purchasers don't.

Also, I haven't noticed the YFC VOR in NavCan's decommissioning plans; I'm guessing it will be part of the reduced backup network, like the YOW VOR.

Latest posts

Back