• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Twin Comanche/No “gear down” green light.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Haraseviat

Fastmph
Reaction score
The green “gear down” light on my 1966 PA-30 is inoperative. The bulb works when placed in the top socket for the yellow “gear up” light.
With the gear up, power reduced, and gear horn sounding, the horn stops when the gear is selected down, so I think I can eliminate the nose gear switch as the culprit.
My next step is to jack the plane up, partially retract the gear, and attempt to check continuity on both main switches as well as condition of the wiring to the fuselage terminal.
Does anyone have other suggestions on how to troubleshoot?
Thank you,
Mike

Latest posts

Back