• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Turbo Aztec loss of fuel flow and engine needs more fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
Yesterday on a flight I ran dry the left tank (MetCo didn’t feed the last 6 gallon) and switched and made the flight for 2h00 without issue. On the 2nd flight of the day I did feel some vibrations from the left engine and found the TIT and EGT on my Insight G4 going up. Changed tanks, quick look at the fuel pressure (fuel flow) gage and it was reading under 0 (the needle passed 6 o clock and joined the right engine fuel pressure needle!). I did enrich the left mixture and the TIT and EGT went ok but I had to cruise at a lower MP and richer mixture on this engine to safely land. I will send pictures of my G4 and fuel pressure gauge with my iphone on a next message.
I’m not at home at Miami so I will ask a mechanic to look at it. Any suggestion? Could it be a leak in the fuel system (negative fuel flow pressure and higher fuel flow on the G4) or same debris clogging something in the spider? Thanks a lot for your previous help

Latest posts

Back