• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Turbo Aztec E Altimatic V FD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
Just got my own Aztec since a few months.
I have an Altimatic V FD connected to an Aspen. It seems to work fine for a while, then when I activate it in HDG mode (GPSS with Aspen) and ALT hold, it may fly a climb attitude of 20 degrees up or down (I can see that before engaging it with the FD on the artificial horizon). Also sometime it purpoises on ALT hold. For the heading it seems mostly ok, tracking a bit on the right side of the route. I tried to deactivate the mode ALT by pulling the knob under ALT annonciator, but It seems that the servos are still connected to the elevator so I cannot control pitch attitude.
Also, the pitch wheel seems to be off center so when I turn it down a bit the plane descends before climbing... To make a descend I have to turn it up very far.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Is fading the EA-1000 adapter from Aspen would helps?
Thanks for your input!
Regards

Latest posts

Back