• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Turbo Aztec cabin door lockout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At the last static check, the avionics shop locked itself out of my '73 Turbo Aztec. I was able to get them in by using a long broom handle through the pilot's vent, releasing the copilot's vent, and reaching inside to the lock and handle. Now the outside latch handle is stuck - as if it were locked, but the lock barrel turns just fine with the key. Any thoughts? I have the inside door panel off, but I can't see the mechanism worth a damn and it looks really complicated.

I'm trying to decide whether to take off the door at the hinges so I can lay it on a table. Wonder what's the best method....take the bolts out that hold the door to the hinges? Get at the hinge pins and take them out? I wonder if maybe turning the key isn't completely releasing the latch. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back