• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

TruTrak Vision $7,250 Installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree on both fronts, Trutrak guys are expecting the approval soon. I will be visiting them at the factory on 1/18/19 with about 12 other aircraft for a fly in factory tour and will get a first hand report when there if it’s not approved by then. If any of you are interested in joining us on the 18th shoot me an email at [email protected] to rsvp. We are planning on Lunch, factory tour and Q&A seasson plus a good time meeting other pilots!

----------------------------------------------------------

Wish I could join for this one..

Hopefully the Guvmint shutdown won't delay the PA-32...

Of so, watch for a huge stack of boxes.. apparently they have a pile of them presold and ready to ship the minute they get the paperwork in hand...

Cap

I may pop over for the tour... Based at KASG, so it'll be a short taxi over from the hanger!

The quote in this thread for the Trutrak is $7250 INCLUDING installation....

Hello - Yes that is out the door for a full install of the Vizion with any of the controller heads. This includes the basic install with a GPS interface, AP DISCO, CB, AP master and making a simple bracket or using an existing hole in the panel. If you need a lot of items moved around in the panel we will discuss pricing after you send over a pic or bring your plane by our shop. We operate by having no surprise pricing, as an aircraft owner myself that has always been a huge issue for me. If we do find any squawks that need to be addressed during the install we stop and call you. With that being said we do not go looking for anything unless you ask us to, I am just talking about things we may run into during the install. Payment for the autopilot is due via secure EFT through Quickbooks to schedule the install, if you would like to pay by credit card there will be a 3% fee. The remainder will be due when you are satisfied after our test flight when you pick up your aircraft. TruTrak has been taking 10-14 days to ship after the order is placed and we are booked about 4 weeks out for the new year.

I am located in Austin, TX. Where is the best shop to have the autopilot installed?

I am located in Austin, TX. Where is the best shop to have the autopilot installed?

I had mine done at Trutraks home field (KASG, Springdale, AR). There are two installers there, both do great jobs. The best part about having it done there is if additional/different parts are needed, it’s literally a 15 minute issue instead of having to have parts shipped. 12 Stone aviation and Elite Avionics both install them. Elite is litterally right next door to Trutrak. If you want to have it done at KASG, you can talk to Charles at Elite or Dustin at 12stone and they can get you on the schedule at either place.

Last edited:
I had mine done at Trutraks home field (KASG, Springdale, AR). There are two installers there, both do great jobs. The best part about having it done there is if additional/different parts are needed, it’s literally a 15 minute issue instead of having to have parts shipped. 12 Stone aviation and Elite Avionics both install them. Elite is litterally right next door to Trutrak. If you want to have it done at KASG, you can talk to Charles at Elite or Dustin at 12stone and they can get you on the schedule at either place.
Thanks for the info.

How long did it take?
I did mine at annual last year. Whole annual took about 2 weeks. I'd guess the autopilot took a week of that or less. I was one on the 1st Cherokees 12Stone did, my guess is they or Elite could knock it out in 3 days or so now.

I did mine at annual last year. Whole annual took about 2 weeks. I'd guess the autopilot took a week of that or less. I was one on the 1st Cherokees 12Stone did, my guess is they or Elite could knock it out in 3 days or so now.

The "average" time for a TT install in the "average" PA-28 is about 20 - 21 hours.

Some shops that have done many of them have done it in about 16-17 hrs..

Cap

Latest posts

Back