• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

TruTrak Vision $7,250 Installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Everyone -

Jesse is correct the PA-32 is NOT approved yet but is in the final stages. I greatly appoligise for posting the incorrect information I was going off what was told to me by TruTrak by mistake however it is still my responsibility to verify. I will post an update when the 32 is approved as well as the Aspen & G5 interfaces.

I believe the PA-32s were originally approved with the PA-28s...

But Corey and Zach, in their words, "did not like the way it flew the airplane". I believe the pitch servo torque and linkage was not up to the task of handling the heavier aircraft in the programmed turns.

This is the issue with the Trio in 182s, and some have been removed.

I imagine it was an unpopular decision to modify the pitch control and cause the resultant delay in getting it "reapproved" , but I think most appreciate their efforts to "get it right" .

The modified pitch servo/system now flies the 32s like the 28s and that is very well...

My Warrior in a programmed turn (20 Deg. bank) asks for a lot of "up" trim. I don't give it because the servo has the authority to "tough it out" for the turn, then rolls out and everything is back to normal. The 32s need almost double the pitch force in the same turn, so I suspect that is where the issue was...

Cap

Cap

TruTrak just had some setbacks with regard to the FAA office they have been working with. Let’s all cross our fingers and hope they can make progress with another office.

Dang, let's hope it's not a major setback, really need an affordable autopilot for my T-tail Lance and have been waiting on the TruTrak like a kid waiting for XMAS.

I can vouch for them. I made a post last week giving a shout out to Sanjeev for installing the TruTrak on my Turbo Arrow 3. Customer service was great, were always very communicative during the install process, and honored their price when my install hit a few snags. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an experienced shop to install the TruTrak. The autopilot is fantastic as well.

I talked to TruTrak again yesterday. Still bad news on the Cessna guys, but apparently the PA32 has already made it through the Chicago office to OKC. Could happen soon for guys on this list.
Hey Jesse, If I already have dual G5's, do you think Garmin will beat TruTrak to the punch with the GFC 500 for my PA-32?

If so, would the cost be a toss up or would the TruTrak still be significantly less installed?

I can vouch for them. I made a post last week giving a shout out to Sanjeev for installing the TruTrak on my Turbo Arrow 3. Customer service was great, were always very communicative during the install process, and honored their price when my install hit a few snags. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an experienced shop to install the TruTrak. The autopilot is fantastic as well.

It was a pleasure working with you and your aircraft. I hope you are flying a ton and enjoying the new autopilot. I really appreciate the kind shout out!

Sanjeev

I think the Trutrak will be ready much sooner. It should be approved any day. I would expect the GFC500 to be double the cost of the TruTrak with installation.

I agree on both fronts, Trutrak guys are expecting the approval soon. I will be visiting them at the factory on 1/18/19 with about 12 other aircraft for a fly in factory tour and will get a first hand report when there if it’s not approved by then. If any of you are interested in joining us on the 18th shoot me an email at [email protected] to rsvp. We are planning on Lunch, factory tour and Q&A seasson plus a good time meeting other pilots!

Where is the fly in factory tour at? I see an AR address on their website, but didn't know if this event was closer.

Latest posts

Back