• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

TruTrak Vision $7,250 Installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are doing our first right now and are about 14 hours in and should have it wrapped up in 6 to 8 hours more as all the wiring is done and the servo brackets are in place and drilled. Just need to bolt brackets and servos in place and reassemble and test, so these should definitely fall into the average range others are reporting in the low to mid 20's.
We ran into a doubler on the transponder antenna in the way of the one bracket, removed the original roll servo and all the original Autocontrol wing lever autopilot wiring, harnesses, controller, radio coupler so that nothing was left behind and the GPS was rather uncooperative about being removed for the Arinc and RS232 connections as we ran into some stripped heads on rack mounting screws, etc...
I think on one with no previous autopilot, no antennas in the way and a more cooperative GPS/NAV/Com this could be done in less than 20 hours with some practice for sure.
I also have to say that the kit is very nicely packaged for the install. The blister packaging with all the part numbers makes the install quicker and the pre-wired harnesses are nice as well.

----------------------------------------------------------

Wish I could join for this one..

Hopefully the Guvmint shutdown won't delay the PA-32...

Of so, watch for a huge stack of boxes.. apparently they have a pile of them presold and ready to ship the minute they get the paperwork in hand...

Cap

How did this visit to TT go?

Cappy

Hey Everyone - I have to eat some crow on my original price estimates. We have done a number of PA/28 installs and have can not continue to do them for $7,250, I am sorry and was overzealous. We are now quoting $8,000-$8,500 installed which will include a pitot static cert. We are will continue work as efficiently as possible and hopefully can get the price back down. Thank you for your understanding.

Sanjeev

Latest posts

Back