• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

TruTrak recommendation for anyone interested

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anandvn

Reaction score
Just finished a large avionics upgrade on my Turbo Arrow 3 (G5, GNS 430W, ADS-B, and finally TruTrak install). Wanted to give a recommendation to anyone considering the TruTrak. First off the autopilot is amazing. I have had it 2 weeks and it doesn't disappoint. It handles turbulence great, flies GPS approaches with precision, and is completely easy to use. As for anyone looking for an installer, I recommend Wolf Aviation (official dealer) out of North Las Vegas (KVGT) They sell the autopilot and team up with EGA to install it. Sanjeev the owner of Wolf is super responsive,friendly, always took daily pictures and provided updates, flew with me on a test flight to make sure everything functioned correctly, and overall just agood person to deal with. He capped the install price at 25 hours labor, and I almost got away with it at 20 but ended up having some issues where a part needed fabrication, and a bunch of wires behind my panel needed cleaning up, regardless they honored the 25 hours and I ended up with a 2 axis autopilot that flies coupled GPS approaches for $7300 equipment included. Anyone interested in a great autopilot TruTrak is the one, especially for Piper owners. I got various quotes from other dealers listed on the website and Wolf was not only the best priced, they were the fastest to respond and answered all questions, plus they have done quite a few installs and know what they are doing. Nobody in Phoenix responded to me so I had to look elsewhere. Either way if you are looking for a new autopilot and are on the west coast they are my recommendation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back