• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Trim system pulleys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanger 69

Reaction score
I’m getting ready to have some avionics installed and have been removing some interior. I dropped down the overhead trim panel and found a stuck trim pulley. When I removed the aft bulkhead, one of the two pulleys were also stuck. The stuck pulleys have grooves in them and need to be replaced.

The pulleys and bushings for them are sold separately. Does anyone know if the pulley rotates on the bushing or on the bolt that holds the assembly together? Does one lubricate the inside of the bushing or the outside? My mechanic is a Cessna guy and he didn’t know.

Latest posts

Back