• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Trans-Cal ssd 120-30 Altitude Digitizer - encoder - help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopere

Reaction score
So I have an original SSD120-30 Altitude Digitizer - Encoder installed in my aztec, its not the newer ssd120-30a or the ssd120-30n model

Im looking for some help on determining where the D4 pin is, I think its pin 1 but its not listed on the case and the closest manual I can find is actually for a ssd120-30a

would anyone have this information handy?

this is the "n" model manual
882188rD.pdf

and here is the "a" model manual
http://www.trans-cal.com/techServ/LegacyMn/881000rD.pdf
neither list my model however, just looking for the Gillham Grey code pin out for "D2" and "D4"

D2 - may not exist on this perticular encoder pretty sure its for high altitude operations

But my gtx327 transponder is suppose to be wired to D4 and im not sure what Pin D4 would be on the encoder

Ill attach a pic of the encoder below sorry its upside down but its buried under the panel
thanks

Attachments

• encoder.jpg
    encoder.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back