• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Tip for getting stable MP readings on JPI EDM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had an EDM-900 installed a few months ago, and I was somewhat dissatisfied with erratic 1/2” MP fluctuations. After perusing the web, it became evident that others have experienced this problem as well. I picked up the following tip from an old post on Mooneyspace, and I contacted JPI about it. Long story short, I installed the following snubber valve on my Dakota yesterday and the MP readings are now rock solid stable.

Chemiquip 12S-HX 1/8" SNUBBER HX POROSITY

Unit Price $10 .73

BUCK SALES INC
151 STATE ROUTE 10 E STE L102
SUCCASUNNA, NJ 07876
Voice: 862-244-4430

https://www.bucksales.com/chemiquip/snubbers.html

Now, I need to figure out why my ammeter goes more negative after I turn the engine on!

Latest posts

Back