• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Thoughts on my up coming Annul at the end of Nov.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have used a great IA for all my aircraft maintenance needs, as he watches, coaches, reprimands, and signs off the paperwork with me doing all the work. It has been a great time with me learning more than I knew.

But... there is always a But.... He is in So Cal, and I am now in Utah.....

I have not found another IA that will work with me like I had before... have asked around some but not needed to really get on the ball until now. There are several A&P's at work that are willing to work on my plane, but I would rather keep the arrangement I had before. Being an Engineer building composite aircraft parts and assemblies, I like to personally know all the work accomplished on my aircraft. Having build several Experimental aircraft and Ultralights it does get into ones blood.

So as I look for the right IA here in Utah, anyone know of one that works with owner labor??... and...

The other thought is that I will be able to go back to So Cal between Christmas and New years... and if my old IA has time, could complete the annul inspection then.... but would need a ferry permit... or some paperwork of some kind... what would that be??.. and how to get it??.. Yes I will talk with the IA about all that but you all are a great source of information. Thanks.....

Latest posts

Back