• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Thinking about selling the Saratoga

Hummerboy24

Reaction score
Thinking about selling the family Saratoga and looking for a Retractable Saratoga or something else just putting some feelers out there before I list it nationally I will continue to fly it but just toying with the idea if any of you know of someone looking for a great six passenger aircraft fixed gear. Just a little info on it please email me at [email protected] for more info and pics. Very Minor damage history (taxi light)

Club Seating
Standby Vacuum System
AstroTech Digital Yoke Clock
Avionics Master Switch
Dual Toe Brakes
Wingtip Landing Lights ( LED with landing and beacon)
Electric Pitch Trim
Rudder Trim
Writing Table
Dual Push-to-Talk Switches
Hobbs Meter
Aux. Power Receptacle
Polished Spinner
Usb charger
All new brake system on mains
Push button ident

Piper
Airplane Model:
Saratoga
Airplane Year:

Airframe Hours:
3480 Hours TT
Engine Hours:
220Hours SFREM
Prop:
220 Hours SPOH

GARMIN GNS430 WAAS IFR GPS / NAV / COMM #1 TRAFFIC AND WEATHER
NEW Garmin GNC255 Nav/COM
NEW Garmin GTX345 ADS-B IN & OUT TRANSPONDER
Garmin GMA340 Audio Panel
Bendix-King KCS55A Compass System-HSI
Bendix-King KAP150 Autopilot
Altitude Hold
Heading Track
Nav Track
Glideslope Coupling

Will send more pics and info to interested parties all logs thanks

bkp2024

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought one very similar to this. I don’t have the GTX345 or GNC 255. Anybody interested should jump on it. They are great airplanes.

Unit74

Reaction score
The biggest question is why? For a few knots, you are willing to pay more for insurance and annuals? I don't see where this would be a wise move just to have cool swinging gear.

kf6iat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the plane that I will be looking for in 3 to 4 years when the kids are out of college, and I can re-direct funds into hobbies... sounds like a great 'Toga...

hsegura

N4013Q Turbo Arrow III
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the Toga. But the useful load has declined over the years. Wonder why?

Hummerboy24

Reaction score
I love the Toga. But the useful load has declined over the years. Wonder why?
I don’t understand that im about 1300 useable..i would be interested in why that is myself

Last edited:

hsegura

N4013Q Turbo Arrow III
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Turbo Arrow III has a useful load of 1105 lbs. 200 hp and 150 kts at 9500.
Toga's I see are 1300 lbs or less. Mostly less. 300 hp and 150 kts at similar altitude.
If I could get 1500 lbs useful, with the six seats, I would already have one, but the only single engine 6 seat plane I have found with 1500 lbs useful is the 210, and its faster. But don't want a 210, and wish the Toga had the extra useful load.

NorthernAviation

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If useful load is what you need, buy a Lance. My '77 Lance has a useful load of 1539#. Not as sexy as the taper-wing 'Toga, but one heck of a load hauler.

Flying_Monkey

Reaction score
I️ don’t understand selling fixed gear toga and buying a retract one. Is the slight speed gain really worth the increased insurance, annual, and maintenance cost? Have you calculated the amount of time you will save per year due to the slight increase in speed?

Why not just put a bunch of money into every speed mod you can get for the fixed gear toga. Laminar flow nose wheel fairing, fancy pants, flap and aileron gap seals, and wing root fairings... you should end up decently close to the speed of a retract...