• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

The little things - idea thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jclisham

Reaction score
I went flying today and got to thinking. What are the little things you do to either make your flying experience more enjoyable or plane more appealing. I'm thinking along the lines of where a little sweat equity pays off (like polishing stuff) or maybe inexpensive 'niceties' like pen holders or those metal throttle/mixture handles. Me, I'd like to paint the nose wheel 'scissor' as mine looks a bit cruddy. I can't imagine that'll cost me a lot other than learning how to jack the plane appropriately, disassemble, clean, paint, reassemble.

What other types of things have folks done to improve their planes/flying experience within a reasonable budget (like say $500 max)?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back