• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

The flight of a life time for me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double D

Reaction score
Back in the 90s we got to take a cross country flight in a Lear jet. It was a medical transport for one of our children so it wasn't the best of circumstances. The jet left Clear water Florida for Philadelphia to pick us up at the philly airport. We left philly for Texas. The pilots left the cockpit door open and I was able to see that we were flying at 41,000 ft. It sure is smooth air up there. We made a fuel stop in Nashville Tn. The FBO met us at the ramp and rolled out a red carpet. They had autographed pictures of some celebrities that were there like Tennessee Ernie Ford,Chet Atkins, Dolly Parton,Johnnie Cash. After refueling we continued on to San Marcos Tx.

Our return flight wasn't as exciting. We flew American airlines. The trip down on the Lear I will never forget. I could get used to that life style real fast. :cool:

Latest posts

Back