• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Testing The Water PA28-140

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LN2

Stealth Member
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade/get a little better gross. So I am giving some consideration to selling my well kept, well equipped 140.
Here is a basic list of things done:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS,sans-serif][FONT=Comic Sans MS,sans-serif]1971 PA28-140
AMR&D STC'd prop.
Challenger Air Filter.
PowerFlow short stack exhaust with ceramic tip. (Less than 100 hours old)
AirMotion overhauled carb with latest power curve. (2-3 years)
Steve's Gascolater
Overhauled magnetos. less that 70 hours
New ignition harness.
AMR&D vortex generators
MetCoAir wingtips.
Knots2U Wing root fairings
Aileron Gap seals top and bottom.
Flap seals bottom.
LED landing light and LED two color beacon
Nose wheel speed fairing.
Newer 8-ply tires.
All Struts rebuilt. MLG 2 years, NLG last year.
All AD's current and complied with.
ADS-B Out 2020 Compliant with Stratus ESG installed
Leather seats from a 235 with front headrests.
Okay. Now the total airframe time is about 3160. The engine has about 1100. The cylinder were all replaced with an entire Millennium package including cylinders, pistons, rings and i bought the Lycoming gold pins instead of the Superior ones. Annual last week. All Cylinders 76 and up. Oil useage: 1/2 quart ever 25 hours.
Standard instuments, with a Icom flip flop com and a Narco MK12 with VOR/Glideslope. Currently a King Mode C transponder.
And a cool custom paint scheme.
Interior is a 6/7 or so, paint is a 7/8.
Annual just finished 8/2016
Very cool custom paint.
Was originally an Air Conditioned 140, but most of it has been stripped to gain useful load.

Probably stuff I am missing but that is the majority of it. Never used as a trainer.
I will also give some serious consideration to trade for something that will carry a bit more, maybe an Arrow? Maybe a Mooney? Maybe a 180 or a 235?
As I mentioned, just testing the water. My plane is worth way more than the average 140 for sure.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back