• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Talk me off of the IFR cliff.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
John and Martha must be psychic. Or perhaps they know that I just passed the one year mark since I got my PPL. Anyway they just sent me a 20% off coupon for any of their courses and that was enough to push me into ordering the IFR ground school and test prep courses.

I have about a dozen friends who are pilots and all but two are IFR rated. All who are rated have told me that with a Lance as capable as mine, I had no choice but to get my IFR rating. I have been dreading this day since I started flying. Hardest rating. Worst checkride. Blah, blah.......

I imagine that most here are IFR rated and is it just that those who have suffered feel like everyone should suffer or is there a deeper story? I've heard all of the "But it will make you a better pilot" and "You really can't fly cross-country without it" arguments.

So since I personally know none of you, lol, change my mind. Why should/shouldn't I beat my brains in over months to attain this rating?

Ready, set, go!

Ron

Latest posts

Back