• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Taking the Leap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repeat post from POS (didn't realize the fee was coming)

I've decided to finally take the leap and join piper nation. I'm purchasing a 73' 140/160 with a lot of the upgrades already taken care of. Looking to finish off my instrument rating and build some time while still young. The aircraft has the Garmin 430W, Garmin 327 Transponder, Sensitech Speed Mod. prop, Narco 12 Nav/Com #2, dual glide slopes, flightcom 403 4 place intercom, Collins audio panel, several mod's (gap seals, updated wing tips, new glass). I've been reading posts regarding making sure everything is mechanically sound, and am taking your advice on getting a 3rd party piper expert to perform an extensive pre-buy. Assuming all comes out well, I'm considering an autopilot in the next few months and wanted to hear ideas. Also, any other feedback or input is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back