• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Take off/climb performance vs. Manifold pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If the prop is turning 2700 max. rpm's will performance be better at 36 in. manifold pressure vs. 33 in. of MP? Seems to me like it may not differ since the prop is not bogging down at 33 in. and it is the source of thrust. My question is prompted by flying my Turbo Lance with the manual waste gate. It's a fine line between maintaining 36 in. & over boosting the engine by an inch or 2. If I could just use 33 in. it would make management a lot easier on the takeoff roll & avoid having that overboost light on the panel come on. Thanks for any input.
David

Latest posts

Back