• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

T-Lance Fuel Tank Interconnect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife & I flew the Lance to Bryce Canyon in Utah last week to see the National Park. It was fantastic! Topped the tanks the night before departure & when we got to the plane in the morning the temperature was rising from a 5 deg. f low & fuel was dripping from the wings. Bummer! I opened some covers & could see that it was wet around the rubber hose couplings that are part of the tank interconnects. Particularly the smaller ones that connect the top the tanks that are vents but full of fuel when the tanks are full. Was able to get a screw driver on some of the hose clamps & the dripping stopped or at least slowed way down. I think the extreme cold caused the aluminum tubes to shrink allowing a leak to start. Made the trip home fine keeping a closer eye than usual on the fuel gauges.
Investigated some today & I think it may be time to replace the rubber couplings. My question is can these be removed & replaced without removing the tanks. It looks like it may be a possibility but I can tell it will be a ***** if it can be done at all. Airward Inc. sells the parts but I see nothing on their website about their parts being TSO'd and the rubber couplings they sell don't look the same as the Piper parts which cost mucho more. Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks!
David

Latest posts

Back