• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Switching a Navajo seating configuration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turtlesfly

Reaction score
Hi again,

So in the Seneca, my understanding is that the straight seating was the only option if that’s how your airplane was made. Then in later models, club seating was the only option if that’s how your plane was made. There was a story here of a guy who converted straight-to-club, but it was a huge hassle, and Senecas are certainly not interchangeable.

Are the Navajos similar? I didn’t think that the high density-versus-club seating came from the factory each way, but maybe I’m wrong. I see some with the forward-facing high density config for sale (particularly the Chieftain), and I’m wondering if that can be easily changed into the club seating (and even with the dividers like some have), or whether it would require the blueprints and would be a huge undertaking like the guy in the Seneca had.

Thanks all.

Latest posts

Back