• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Survey on what I should do next

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think would make the biggest improvement

• Carpet only

• Carpet and sidewalls

• Seats only

• Don't bother with one at a time. Do it all at once

• It's fine. Leave it alone.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rick G

1977 Lance P32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about what I should do next with my interior. So I figured I could ask opinions on what you would do.

It seems my interior has gone through several phased projects that never got past the first phase. Meaning: Someone started something, waited 5 - 10 years, then couldn't find matching materials. So let's say my interior is a bit "diverse" looking.

I cleaned up the carpets to see if they are a total wreck or if it's just a nasty color. Turns out the color isn't bad - IF it were in a tan interior airplane. Not so good with gray.

Next problem: My sidewalls and my seats don't match. Two shades of vinyl.

After my seat rebuild (from other thread) all of the interior would be considered to be serviceable and in relatively good shape. But still, I want to get that "I can't believe I own it" feel when I'm in the cabin. When I see her in the hanger I get that feeling... until I climb in. Then it's just annoying, like looking at a mess of an unfinished project.

The problem with doing carpet is that there is also carpet on the sidewalls in the front. So I would have to do sidewalls, or else nothing will match. I'm not sure I can do just seats either. I can get the seats to be a closer match but not exact. Then later it would be another unfinished project that would have to be redone.

If you were on a budget, what would you do next? ($4000 for a whole new interior is not an option right now)

20191226_155151.jpg

It's hard to tell from this pic but seats and sidewalls don't match. The seats are a blue-gray color.

20190704_102412.jpg

Seat color, compared to Airtex palette

20191111_194921.jpg

Sidewalls, compared to Airtex palette
20191111_195024.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back