• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Strobe inop 91.205/91.209

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to know if anyone of you have a definite answer to the question of airworthiness during daytime VFR flight with strobe light inop on a 76 C172 that was originally equipped but not required. I am familiar with the Letts clarification letter (12/17) There seems to be some heated discussion at my club. Some say the strobes can be placarded and fly per 91.213. Others say 91.209 requires an airplane equipped with strobes and beacon to be used during all phases and is considered one system. Aopa also has a clarification from their legal team that seems to support the theory that regardless of year, the anti collision system must be operational. Let me know your thoughts.

Latest posts

Back