• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Stratus 2 for sale

Kwhitman

Reaction score
Stratus 2 for sale. Just received back from Sportys, replaced battery and a clean bill of health. Used for about 1.5 years before upgrade. Includes original box, instructions, mounting cups, external antenna, everything it came with as new.
750.00 or offer.

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

Denis

Denis at KPIE
Reaction score
I am interested. Why did it just come back from Sportys?

Kwhitman

Reaction score
I am interested. Why did it just come back from Sportys?
Wouldn't stay charged very long, had it repaired.

Have a GDL39 for sale also, used 1 time.

Thanks,

Kevin--

arkvet

Reaction score

Thanks,

Kevin--

Did they say if this was something to be expected with the internal battery over time or was yours a fluke? Just curious as I have a stratus 2 as well.

Reaction score
My stratus2 developed a problem of lose USB and wouldn't charge unless I hold the connector at certain angle. It probably happened because the suction cup gave up once in flight and it dropped with charger connected to it. I sent it to sport's and their max charge is $175. I was surprised they returned a stratus 2s instead claiming older one was irreparable. Worth $175 upgrade instead. :) new unit with new battery. 😀

waynerjaques

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my older unit. Did you send it directly to Status or to sporty's

Reaction score
If you bought it from sport's then you have to send it through them. Stratus guys don't take direct repairs for units sold through sporty's

cunnlarr

Reaction score
My Stratus 2 was sent to Sporty's for the same problem about 1.5 years ago. The micro usb is its weak link! It was repaired for $175. It's starting to do the same thing again.

Mike_

Reaction score

Thanks,

Kevin--
Hi there, how much you want for the GDL39? Assume it is not the 3D?

Thanks
Mike

Kwhitman

Reaction score
Yes , it is the 3D version. 899.00 w/ 12v adapter
Includes external battery 100.07
Hardwire data and power cable 65.00
These are Amazon prices.
Used ONCE, put back in the box. As new. 750.00

Latest posts