• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Strange experience at the security check

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALPHA320

PA-28 Pilot
Reaction score
Hi,

experienced the following a few days ago as I had invited some friends for a flight. Thought I should share it with you :D .

As I am based at an international airport in Germany we always have to go through the security check before getting on the secured area of the airfield. I fly there since I started flying more than one year ago, never had problems getting through the security.
On this day it had 30°C which are around 86 °F and we had planned a four hour trip. Therefore all of us took some water with us in the bags. But due to some reason this time the security personnel denied us to go to the plane, unless we remove the water bottles from our bags. I asked them if they were serious about that and showed them my license but they didn't change their attitude. The only way for us to fly with our drinks was to place it into the cargo hold, the police officer told us. But as we had no regular pax baggage he told us that he didn't trust us and we had to remove the bottles from the bags to enter the apron area. Of course we did that as we didn't want to discuss any longer. I then decided to shorten the trip and land earlier. Another possiblity would have been to land on an uncontrolled airfield and go to the next supermarket to buy some drinks. But I didn't find it worth to pay extra for an additional landing just to buy some drinks :mrgreen: .

Is the security personnel in the US also that strange sometimes? :lol:

Latest posts

Back