• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

STOL in a Cherokee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartmc

Reaction score
Any relatively inexpensive modifications to help me get off the ground faster for the Cherokee that are worth it, VG's come to mind. With a passenger and full tanks Im not getting off the ground as fast as I would like around here when the DA is up. Whats worth it and whats not? I know 6K wheel pants isnt going to happen and 1500 for Vortex Generators is pushing it. Thinking about wing tips and Vortex Generators? Which ones offer more bang for your buck? I'd also like to get rid of the aileron weight hole so wing tips might come first. Some Cherokee guys I talked to at the Arlington flyin said they didnt cut the hole when they needed to because they never needed full deflection anyway, something about an aileron weight banging on a wing tip and not getting full deflection bothers me for some reason.

Latest posts

Back