• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Stephenson Wing Ding Door Stop - Missing 337

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N2897M

Reaction score
We recently had an FAA Part 135 aircraft inspection of our PA28161 and the inspector noted the wing-ding door stop that was installed. When we tried to find the associated 337 covering the installation (made prior to our purchase of the aircraft), we could not find one nor could we locate any logbook entry for it.

The maintenance inspector (who is very helpful) suggested we contact the STC holder to get "permission to use it" and obtain the necessary paperwork as if it were an initial purchase. Then have an IA file an amended 337.

I searched but could not locate contact info for the STC holder (original STC attached).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am also considering just removing it. The STC indicates existing tank screws are used so I am thinking it should be easy to delete.

Attachments

• WingDing STC.PDF
    900.3 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Back