• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Stec 50 AP alt hold hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2013grandsport

Reaction score
So finally flew my new to me viking and the AP is acting up. Holds the heading bug and nav function nicely, but seems to hunt to hold altitude. Up and down 200 fpm each way. Never giving me a trim up or down orange light either which seems odd. Any input?

Latest posts

Back