• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Starting the jouney/process in Toronto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone from Markham Ontario (Toronto ish?)

The flying thing has been one of those to do for a long time now. It's actually a surprise I never started earlier. So now at just reaching 40 and having a decent enough income, I am.

Right now I am just getting my ducks in a row, starting off with ground school and making sure I pass the medical. While juggling wife, 2 kids and maybe a job change to boot, am I crazy?

One thing I am thinking of since I saw a post for a share in a PA28 180, is to buy the share and train on it. In discussion with the seller but I am honestly a newbie to all this. I have read the forums online and know some stuff but there's no replacement for experience. So I'd love to hear some words of wisdom from you folks. And I will definitely need some advice or recommendation on picking out an AME for the pre-buy. I had asked a friend's friend who instructs but he tells me he know no one as he recently moved to the east coast.

Happy to be here!

Sebastian

Latest posts

Back