• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Speed mods for umteenth time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joenic

Reaction score
My 1972 Arrow is going in for annual, flying from eastcoast north to Wyoming, to California through Nevada to Texas and back to Pennsylvania this summer. Could use some "lift and speed" help as we are 4 adults. So I am thinking of some additions for the HesheyBar wing. Any comments/experience is appreciated. Considering wingroot fairing, gear lobe fairings, henge fairings and gap seals. In that order but necessarily all of them. I currently file 140 kts, for real, so I know I can increase fpm in climb (important), shorten length of runway needed and get to a lower stall speed, but will I really see increase airspeed ?
Thanks...

Latest posts

Back