• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

SOLD: 1970 Cherokee 180E For Sale

jclisham

Reaction score
1970 Cherokee 180E
  • TTAF - 3641.8
  • SMOH - 380
  • 116hr since ECI Cylinders replaced with new Lycoming cylinders (AD required it).
  • Useful Load: 993.74 lbs.
  • Garmin 430
  • Tanis Preheat with flush mount plug on engine baffle
  • New L/R ailerons (not from accident, old ones were ratty - paint, hangar dings, etc. and previous owner replaced/painted)
  • Whelen Prometheus Plus LED Wingtip and Nose Landing Lights
  • LED Position and Strobes
  • Inflatable door seal (awesome)
  • Aileron/Flap gap seals
  • Garmin GTR 225 secondary COMM
  • Garmin GMA 340 Audio Panel
  • Stratus ESG for ADS-B Out and Stratus 3 ADS-B In (hardwired to ESG)
  • Stratus USB Charger
  • Piper III Autopilot - wing leveler and heading
  • New Muffler Shroud
  • Pilot side toe brakes, PTT switches for both
  • Nice and comfy interior - I'd say an 8
  • Original paint - I'd say a 6/7
  • All logs since 'birth'
  • Everything works, needs nothing. No oil leaks, seeps, etc.
  • Hangared its entire life.
  • Price: Asking $63k
  • Annual in October
  • Located at KHAO (north of Cincinnati, OH)

Additional Pics: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atwwakv8E39y0_AH46QDFZo75ieJKw?e=30PnQz

I've decided to sell only because I'm going to go 'experimental'. I'm looking to buy an RV-12 to dip my toe in the experimental waters and if I like it, I plan to build in the next couple years. I've taken this airplane on a x-country from Cincinnati to Oxford, MS (Ole Miss), and it is EXTREMELY comfortable. Much better than my car, that's for sure.

If interested, please send a message and we can exchange contact details there.

Thanks!
John

Attachments

imwithtuxedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question. I've got a 1970 180E and it looks like yours has bucket seats in the back and not the bench seat. Is that correct? If so, was it done by you?

jclisham

Reaction score
Question. I've got a 1970 180E and it looks like yours has bucket seats in the back and not the bench seat. Is that correct? If so, was it done by you?
It wasn't done by me, nor the previous owner. But yes, they are 'buckets'. Here's a better pic.

IMG_3341.JPG

imwithtuxedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it looks like the bench seat was upholstered to look like buckets. The bucket seats are not individually removable are they?

Also, good luck with the sale.

jclisham

Reaction score
Thanks, it looks like the bench seat was upholstered to look like buckets. The bucket seats are not individually removable are they?
Correct. That's why I put in 'quotes' :) In the end, it's not exactly limo space back there, but they are really comfy. thanks!

Latest posts