• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Slick Mag 6351 Rev C vs Rev D- HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had my left mag die. 2 new replacements from Aircraft Spruce with exact same part number won't fit. My mechanic is stumped. Please help.

Details:
PA32 6-300 '79
IO540K1G5
Slick Mags- (old, bad mag) Left is 6351 Rev C - with impulse coupler; Right is 6351 Rev D. no impulse coupler
Replacements from Aircraft Spruce are 6351 Rev D

Replacement mag impulse coupler protrudes 0.035" further with D model than C model so that impulse coupler is contacting something inside the mount preventing you from tightening the mounting flange flush against the engine gasket- gasket just spins. Everything else about the mag is the same. I know Champion updates their designs over time but have never heard or seen of this change that would prevent mounting a new mag. Any ideas? I have searched for a Rev C mag with impulse coupler but nobody lists this, only the part number 6351.

Latest posts

Back